Thursday, May 05, 2005

Eargasms

One of my biggest hurdles has been and unfortunately continues 2 B "HOW DO I SELL MORE CDS?" I've written about it before, and nothing seems to work. Well, according to pros like David Hooper and Dylan Benjamin, the problem is I have to figure out the benefit and sell it. I have to find the "emotional" reason why people would enjoy my CD and sell that "experience" instead of trying to sell the CD. What the f*ck? I have no friggin' idea how 2 do that.

I've been busting my balls, racking my brain trying 2 figure out - "what is the emotional experience I must try to sell?" Then I thought 2 myself - "why do I buy a CD? What makes me fork over cash?" Many different answers all led 2 the same conclusion- I'm forever in search of the EARGASM. Some artists - like Prince, Coldplay, Madonna, U2, Depeche Mode, Marvin Gaye, etc., give me multiple eargasms and I'll buy whatever the hell they put out - well except for Marvin, cuz he kicked the bucket long ago, but u know what I'm saying! But mostly, I buy a CD based on the fact that I think I'll have an eargasm somewhere along that journey. Does anybody else do this? Has anyone else even experienced an eargasm? That feeling of ecstasy where the music is so damn beautiful, or so moving, or so fucking hot and pumping, U just feel transported? Well, if not, you're missing out!

And not all eargasms are equal, know what I'm saying? It's just like getting off. It's always fun, but sometimes it's good, sometimes it's lackluster, and every now and then your eyes roll back in your head, you grunt like a gorilla, and you temporarily lose your breath and vision. And truth be told, yes, I have had eargasms from my own music. (Please, like U don't masturbate!)

So, the question is ... how do I sell an eargasm? I have 2 get out there and pimp myself, and let's face it, I've never been very good at that.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Crackpot theories 4 me 2 smoke on?

"Oh, pretty little whip! U got me dripping, dripping all over the floor! All over the floor! If I come back as a woman, I want a body like yours!" - Prince, Lovesexy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home